What if I need to drop off my child before 9am or pick them up after 4pm?
- Before and after camp extended care is available for $50 per week flat rate. Extended care is available 8:00-9:00am and 4:00-5:30pm. Please pay at time of registration.
- Late pickup after 5:30pm is charged at $1 a minute according to our clock.
What if I want to cancel a camp registration?
- Cancellation Policy: To cancel your camp experience, notification in writing must be received no later than two weeks prior to the start of your camp in order to receive a full refund (minus the non-refundable $25 day camp deposit). Written cancellations may be sent to email@example.com
What if a week of camp gets cancelled due to low registration?
- Camps with less than 10 children registered may be cancelled at our discretion. People registered for cancelled camps will receive either a free transfer to a different Kids Zone Camp (plus difference in price from the time of paid registration), a equivalent credits for next years camp or a full refund. It’s your choice. NOTE: “How my body works camp” was cancelled due to logistics and reduced grant funding.
Will my children receive meals as part of Kids Zone Day Camps?
- We are considering doing a sack lunch for $25/week, and have included a survey question about it in our online registration form. We are trying to keep our camps as affordable as possible, so family have the option to bring their own peanut free lunches. Healthy snacks WILL BE provided as part of our programming. Please notify us of any allergies or special dietary needs of your child.
Can I volunteer to help with the camp program?
- Volunteers are a key part of keeping our camps affordable. There is a application process including criminal background check and interview. Contact us to find out more. We reserve the right to accept, deny, change roles or remove any volunteer or staff at our discretion according to our staff policy. Child safety is our first priority. To learn more about volunteering, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I want to register for a camp that is already full?
- You can either register for a different camp that still has room or be put on a waiting list. Sports Camp 1 has room for 25 children. All other camps are capped at 50 children per week. First paid, first served.
The camp facility is a church. Will religion be forced on my child?
- No. All positive religious views will be respected. This camp is provided as a community service by Church in the Valley and Acts of Kindness. There will be positive character teaching from a Christian perspective including prayer and songs. Theological teaching beyond ‘there is a God who loves you and has a plan for your life’ will take place at our Saturday Church service, not our day camps. There will be no unique unique SDA teaching at camp. A summary of our teaching for each camp will be available for parents upon request. Families desiring deeper religious instruction are welcome to contact us for in home Bible studies or to attend our church services which happen every Saturday from 9:30am-12:30pm. See www.churchinthevalley.ca
Can I trust my child to your staff?
- Our carefully selected staff is sensitive to the needs of the individual camper. All full time staff are adults experienced in working with children, trained and certified in CPR and first Aid. We aim to have a 7:1 child to staff ratio or better. All volunteers and staff must pass our application process including a criminal background check. Your child’s safety is our top priority.
STILL GOT QUESTIONS? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (604) 514-8335