What is Kids Zone Camp?
- a quality, affordable Day Camp serving the Langley, Aldergrove and Abbotsford area
- 8 different camps all summer, July 10 – Sept 1
- Mon – Fri, 9am – 4pm.
- Age 5-12
- Starting at $100/week per child
- Extended care $50/week
- Financial assistance available
Why Kids Zone Camp?
- 20 years experience with kids
- Safe, fun, and educational
- Kids learn character and health
- New, state of the art facility
- Central, convenient location in Langley
- Experienced and screened staff
- 7:1 (or better) child:staff ratio
- Affordable for everyone
- Look over camps and choose your favourites (up to all 8 weeks)
- Fill out the online registration form
- Download waiver, sign and email to email@example.com
- Call 604-514-8335 to make payment for camps and extended childcare.
Register by June 10 and get a free t-shirt!
Having trouble? First look over the website including the FAQ section. If you still have a question, call 604-514-8335 and we will be happy to help
- July 10-14 Sports Camp 1: Basketball
- July 17-21 Amazing Animals 1: Africa
- July 24-28 Music Camp* (with Perry Springman)
- July 31-Aug 4 Science Camp 1* (with Ben Roy)
- Aug 7-11 Science Camp 2* (with Ben Roy)
- Aug 14-18 Amazing Animals 2: World
- Aug 21-25 Sports Camp 2: Floor Hockey
- Aug 28-Sept 1 How Stuff Works Camp
(“How My Body Works Camp” was cancelled due to funding and logistics)
- Register by April 28 $100/child (free t-shirt, $25 value included)
- Register by June 10 $130/child (free t-shirt, $25 value included)
- Register after June 10 $160/child
*music and science camp cost additional $50 for special guest instructor ($150 by April 28, $180 by June 10 and $210 after June 10)
Healthy snacks WILL BE provided. Kids must bring their own peanut free lunch Please notify us of any allergies or special dietary needs of your child.
Extended childcare is available 8:00-9:00am and 4:00-5:30pm for $50/week flat fee. Pay at time of registration. Late pickup is charged at $1 a minute according to our clock.
**camp registration is limited to 50 kids/week, 25 kids for Sports Week 1
***we reserve the right to cancel a camp if we have less than 10 children registered for that week
All camps include sports/exercise, healthy snacks, and positive character teaching. Each week of camp will be a unique experience so that a child could attend all 8 camps if they choose.
July 10-14 Sports Camp 1: Basketball
Sports Camp 1 will focus on Basketball but will also include some rock climbing, floor hockey, and volleyball. There will be specific skill building exercises and drills, sport history and character lessons on sportsmanship, integrity, and teamwork. Kids will become better athletes in both skills and attitude.
July 17-21 Amazing Animals 1: Africa
Kids will learn amazing facts about their favorite African animals including lions, giraffes, rhinos, hippos, and zebras. Life lessons will be drawn from the unique qualities of each animal such as diversity, environmentalism and being yourself. If your kids like animals, they will love Amazing Animals Camp!
July 24-28 Music Camp* with Perry
If your kids have ever wanted to write a song and then perform it with a band? Or, maybe you would like to learn how to play a new instrument like a ukulele, electric guitar, or the drums? Discover the joy of using your voice to sing! Want to participate in a drum circle? No problem! They can do it all with Perry Springman at Music Camp! www.perryspringman.com
July 31- Aug 4 Science Camp 1* with Ben
Discover cool chemical reactions, build your own test vehicle and crash it, and build your own working robot and get to take it home. To learn more about Ben Roy visit www.gosciencezone.com
Aug 7-11 Science Camp 2* with Ben
Become a junior scientist and embark on a series of science adventures. Learn how matter can change physically and chemically, learn about science and engineering practice and even how to extract DNA!
Aug 14-18 Amazing Animals 2: World
Kids will learn about animals from around the world including Tigers, Parrots, Panthers and Grizzly Bears. Life lessons will be drawn each animal such as protecting yourself, respect, and sticking up for others. If your kids like animals, they will love Amazing Animals Camp!
Aug 21-25 Sports Camp 2: Hockey
Sports camp 2 will focus on floor hockey but also include rock climbing, basketball, and volleyball. With skill building exercises, sport history lessons and teaching on attitude, kids will will become better athletes in both skills and attitude.
Aug 28-Sept 1 How Stuff Works Camp
Kids will be able to take apart and learn how everyday machines work like small engines, air conditioners, and computers. Life lessons will help children keep their cool, download good and have positive communication. Curious kids who love working with their hands will love this camp!
We reserve the right to make adjustments to camp programing and schedules as needed.
Camps with less than 10 children registered may be cancelled at our discretion. People registered for cancelled camps will receive a full refund, credit to attend a different camp of equal value or credit for a camp next year.
Meet the Staff
All full time camp staff are certified in first aid and CPR. All staff and volunteers are screened and must pass a background check.
Executive Director, Walter has been working with children for over 20 years and has a BA in Adventure Based Youth Leadership. He loves rock climbing, snowboarding and helping kids make life long memories.
Operations Director, Josh is a 3rd year Physical Therapy Major at University of the Fraser Valley. He loves camping, hiking and basketball. Josh loves seeing kids grow to become people who give back to their community.
Teaching Director, Marina is a second year Biomedical student at Burman University who enjoys mixed martial arts. She loves teaching interesting things to future doctors, pastors, musicians, adventurers…
Marketing and Development, Mark will be a Marketing and Business Major at Trinity Western University in Sept. Mark loves playing music, Hockey, Chai Lattes, and travelling the world. He enjoys working with kids because of their energy and spirit.
Registration and Finances, Jaia is studying to become a pediatric nurse at the University of the Fraser Valley. She enjoys playing guitar and ukulele and loves being able to interact with kids and make them smile.
Sports and Fitness Director, Jacob is studying Kinesiology at Univsersity of the Fraser Valley. He loves basketball, volleyball, football and seeing children grow, develop and improve from what he has taught them.
Kids Zone Day Camp @
Church in the Valley
23589 Old Yale Rd
Frequently Ask Questions
What if a week of camp gets cancelled due to low registration?
- Camps with less than 10 children registered may be cancelled at our discretion. People registered for cancelled camps will receive either a free transfer to a different Kids Zone Camp (plus difference in price from the time of paid registration), a equivalent credits for next years camp or a full refund. It’s your choice. NOTE: “How my body works camp” was cancelled due to logistics and reduced grant funding.
STILL GOT QUESTIONS? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 514-8335
No child should miss a camp experience because of money. That’s why we offer assistance to those whose financial circumstances would otherwise prevent them from attending camp.
Families or individuals who require assistance pay what they can afford based a ratio of their total household income and number of children. This amount is determined in the application process.
You will be asked to provide one or more of the following items for each person in your household:
- Prior year’s Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada
- Prior year’s Income Tax Return
- In the case of those who do not file Tax Returns, please attach the last three pay stubs for those in the household earning income
Once your application is reviewed and approved, we ask that you provide payment as agreed to during the application process.
Lets work together so that every child has a chance to have a great camp experience, no matter what their income is!